and Baby Makes 3



An update from my busy life as a "NEW MOM".  Gosh that seems like a great thing to be able to say.   Our little Eli was born on November 17, 2015 at 37 weeks gestational.  I had developed high blood pressure at 35 weeks and Dr. Beickmans goal was to get me to 37 weeks and it worked out that way.  I was at work on a Monday and around 3 pm my Mom (whom I worked with) and a coworker suggested I go check my blood pressure because I was really red and appeared swollen so I ran to the pharmacy and sure enough my bp was spiked super high.  I called the doctor’s office and they suggested I head up to St. Mary’s OB Emergency Department with my hospital bags just in case.  I called David at work and he was in a meeting I left a message with his coworker Trent who said “are you in labor?” I told him no but to have David call me as soon as possible.  I  headed to the little blue farm house and grabbed my bags and had to pack David a bag as he hadn’t done so yet and while I waited nervously I started making padicicles  as seen on Pinterest. LOL!  David called back and I had him head home and he came in gathered him school backpack and I drove us to Evansville so that David could complete an assignment.


We got to Evansville right around 5pm.  They hooked me up to a heart rate cuff and a fetal monitor to measure contractions.  My bp was still elevated and I was having contractions and I wasn’t aware of it.  They 1st decided I needed to stay overnight to do a 24 hour urine protein analysis.  This was changed to induction of pregnancy quickly when Dr. Beickman was called and he found out my bp and I was having contractions.    Getting moved into the OB delivery room was an out of body experience of nerves and excitement.  I didn’t know what to expect and I can remember standing in the bathroom changing into the gown thinking this is it.  It will never be just David and I.  I'm about to BIRTH a child.  I was slightly freaking out.  I walked out of the bathroom and over to David and we prayed for us, for ME, for Baby Eli.  In walked the nurse and she said let’s get you hooked up.  They started an IV and hooked me back up to the fetal monitor to measure contractions and once again my contractions where about every 4 minutes.  Crazy since I didn’t feel them.   They told us to get some sleep that they would give me Cervidil vaginal at midnight to soften my cervixes.  Well we didn’t sleep a wink and at midnight she came in and I was already like 80% effaced and 3 centimeters dilated and didn’t even know it.  She gave me the cervidil and then gave me an Ambien to help me sleep and said she would be back at 8am.  Well…. @ 2:45 my water broke and at 5am I got an epidural that only took on half of my body.  We kept asking the anesthesiologist if we should redo it and by the time he decided we should it was too late.  We were prepped and ready to have a baby @ 6:45am waiting for the on call doctor to arrive.  4 contractions later @ 7:09 Eli Barnes Langner was in my arms.  Perfect! 6lbs 11.2oz and 20inches long.  David and I sat staring at him for the longest time.  He was perfect and worth everything the last 3 years had put us through.  We call my parents who arrived about an hour later and we all were in complete love with him. He was beautiful.   Once the epidural wore off & I was able to get up and use the restroom they moved me to the mother\baby rooms.  The ride there in the wheelchair was the worst pain of the whole experience.   I was super pissed and hurting by the time we got there.  We started breastfeeding once we got there and he was doing ok.   We tried to get some rest and family and friends (Kyle and Kelley) came to visit.  They noticed Eli wasn’t keeping his body temperature up and they brought him a warmer and he laid in it and loved it.  Lactation was coming and helping me with nursing and I thought everything was ok.  They did him newborn blood screening and found out he had jaundice as many new babies do.  The day we were scheduled to go home they did his circumcision. However the hospitalist pediatrician felt that since he wasn’t keeping his temperature up, he was jaundice, and we were having a little trouble nursing that we should stay another night.   The next morning after we were moved to the worst room @ St. Mary’s hospital the hospitalist pediatrician arrived and told us Eli would be going to the NICU because he still wasn’t eating enough, his temp was low and his jaundice wasn’t getting any better. I broke down and cried which I hated because but I just wanted to take my baby home.  We were in nicu for 4 days and he improved each day.  Everyone there was wonderful and we worked with lactation on nursing.  It was a challenge being there back and forth from the parents room to feedings every 3 hours.  We wanted to take our little man home and love on him.  We wanted him well.  The doctors where the best.  Our family surrounded us with support and love.  My sister and oldest niece Kamryn arrived Sunday.  We were released from Nicu after 8 days in the hospital the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  We were so thankful to be headed home. 


The past 3 months have flown by and Eli continues to grow so much.  We are still nursing, mostly for comfort, and I pump.  He hasn’t had any formula since the early days in the hospital.  He is such a blessing to our family and I so thankful for every prayer, support, and funds we paid in order to get him here.   Eli is now starting to giggle and is sleeping 5-7 hour increments at night.  He is just perfect.   I love being Eli’s Mom!


Eli's Valentines Day Picture 2.14.16






a site I found that I liked.
http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/getting-pregnant/formerly-infertile

Comments

Popular Posts